We provide two standard fire safety courses to help your organisation comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety Order) 2005. We have a number of additional modules which we can supply depending on your specific requirements.
Are you complying with the new fire safety legislation, do you know your legal responsibilities? A "Suitable and Sufficient" Fire Risk Assessment is the first step in complying with the new fire safety legislation.
On the 1st of October 2006 new legislation came into force in England and Wales impacting on all commercial premises, It firmly places the responsibility for fire safety on the “employer” or the person to any extent in control of commercial buildings or premises.
The “responsible person” usually the employer/manager/owner or landlord must now;
- Ensure a suitable and sufficient fire risk assessment is carried out by a competent person (taking into consideration all relevant persons, including those specifically at risk).
- Ensure general fire safety precautions are in place.
- Take reasonable measures to reduce the risk of fire.
- Create, organise and implement an emergency plan.
- Provide staff with adequate and relevant training and information.
- Provide adequate procedures and policies.
Fire authorities are responsible for enforcing the new fire safety order and have the authority to inspect your premises at any time. Failure to comply with the requirements of the Fire Safety Order 2005 could lead to enforcement action, prosecution proceedings a fine or even imprisonment!
Benefits of a professionally completed fire risk assessment from First Aid Works®
- It will help significantly reduce the risk of fire at your premises and make your working environment safer for you, your staff and your customers.
- You will be able to demonstrate to the authorities that you take your responsibilities seriously.
- You will have a risk assessment that complies with the current legislation.
- You can be fully prepared , with the appropriate documentation, ready for a local authority inspection.
- It will save hours wading through hundreds of pages of guidelines and legislation.
- It may save money paying out for unnecessary equipment and services.
Don't underestimate the damage a fire can do to your business! - Were you aware of these fire statistics recorded in the UK for 2003?
621,000 FIRES - 593 DEATHS - 15,500 INJURIES
Were you also aware that approximately 70% of businesses never re-open following a fire or will close within three years? Taking the time to carry out a fire risk assessment is therefore a sound investment.
Fire Safety Training Courses in Birmingham, South London and Euston, Central London for individuals – Nationwide for groups requiring the Fire Safety Training Courses!
Select your course below to learn more…
|Bespoke Health & Safety Training||Varies & from||More Info|
|Fire Safety Awareness For Managers||4 Hours||More Info|
|Fire Warden / Marshal Training||4 Hours||More Info|
Call us to get our best price:0800 028 4795