Manual Handling of Objects
Manual Handling of people and objects is a stand-alone level 2 qualification, which complements the CIEH Foundation Certificate in Health and Safety programme. It is aimed at those who carry out manual handling activities at work and introduces students to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and controls available and what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
Successful completion will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors. The qualification is not intended to train students to carry out manual handling assessments nor to provide detailed training on handling techniques.
- The process of manual handling in the workplace.
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them.
- Manual handling assessment and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- Designed for: All employees
- Course duration: 4 hours maximum
- Assessment method: 20 multiple choice questions
- QCA Accredited: No